Hello my double glazed donut unicorns! 

I will show you what I have in my freelance makeup kit over a few blog posts. I will also do a video about it at some stage. But for those who prefer to read, you can get all the detailed info in this post. This kit keeps growing and from the time I have taken these photos I have gotten more items to fill my case. These hella professional photos were taken by my amazing boyfriend, you can check out his stuff and follow him here ;



Anyway, let's get into it!

I will start with foundations, concealers and powders. I should have probably done primers etc first.. Oh well.. 

I will not go into the skincare bit of my kit for now, as I am still trying to figure out what's working for me and what isn't. 


 
I mainly use this foundation on girls that wear fake tan since it's more on the orange/bronze side of shades. It does have a great deal of coverage and it does look pretty on the skin. It matches fake tan shades so well. I would not use this on dry skinned girls as it does tend to attach to dry flakey patches and that's how we get those annoying patches of foundation, usually on our cheeks or forehead. 

 
Now, I used these when I first started out and I kind of thought that they were the shit. But then I got my RCMA palette.. I mean they are great affordable foundations. I liked them because a small amount went a long way. It does stay on the skin for a long time but I wouldn't necessarily say 14 hours. Needless to say this foundation is no longer in my kit. 


 
If you read my blog for a while now, you know how obsessed I am with Bourjois foundations. I love these on dry skin as it gives it a nice healthy glow and hydrates the skin. It does stay on the skin for a long time and it does look flawless. The only downside to this foundation is that the colour range isn't very diverse. There are only three or four shades of this foundation I believe? It's quite disappointing because this foundation is so great and so affordable. I would even use it on mature skin. 

 
I only started to master the art of colour correction in college. I knew about it, I knew which shade counteracts what, but I just didn't get into the habit of making my job easier by applying a few colours onto the skin to neutralize redness or dark circles instead of having to layer on foundation to get the desired coverage and even skin tone. I like this W7 corrector because it does a great job, it doesn't clog the pores and is super affordable. Plus, it gives you clues at the edges to tell you which shade is for what. The only side that is untouched in this is the highlighter shade as it is very very thick and takes off the foundation and concealer as you apply it.

 
Oh Catrice. I love love lovee these. They are so high coverage, so creamy and look amazing on the skin. And they are also waterproof. I would honestly compare this concealer to the MAC Select Cover concealer, except this one is less watery. It's also only 3.95 I think. It is under 4 euro anyway! I use this on pretty much all of my clients. Either this one, the MAC SC concealer or the next one I'm about to show you. These three are my all time favourites and I don't think I will like any other concealer like I love these ones. 
 
These I like to use on blemishes as they are very pigmented and can cover up to pretty much anything. I sometimes use them on the eyelid too as an eye shadow base, but only if the lid has rarely any creases in it because it does tend to set in fine lines or creases. Needless to say, I don't ever use this under eyes, you actually aren't supposed to put cream concealer under your eyes because of how sensitive the under eye area is and how hard it usually is to blend it. But! If that's what works for you and if you prefer to use cream instead of liquid under your eyes I'm not going to tell you what to do boo.  
 
Dupe for the MAC Pro Longwear concealer! 
I adore this concealer! It has moisturising properties and looks flawless under the eye. It has quite strong yellow tones to it and comes in only two shades, which is super disappointing. I will just sit here and wait til Bourjois comes out with a huge palette of different shades. 
 
I had a love hate relationship with this baby. I love it because it makes my skin look absolutely flawless, no dilated pores, no fine lines creating, no creasing. But then it sometimes makes me look so orange. I wish that L'Oreal came out with lighter but also darker shades of this powder foundation because I would use it all the time on my clients. 
 
Bourjois again, surprise surprise. I bought this for myself actually because you know.. I'm obsessed with their things and I haven't tried this thing out before. Aaand I grabbed the wrong shade. So my clients get to have this beautifully smelling perfection and not me. #unfair
 

I bet everyone remembers this powder as their first makeup item ever. AmaRi ladies? Well it was for me but I honestly love this powder so much I still use it on myself or my clients to this day. I would only use this on the jawline area as I use my Gosh Translucent powder for baking and setting the forehead area. 



That is it for now, these are all my 'base' products that I have in my kit. I will post more over the next few days. 

Much love, 
W.